Valentine’s cards don’t need to just be red, pink or purple. You can make any heartfelt handmade card into the perfect Valentine!
For example, Close To My Heart’s Punny Pals Stamp Set (which supports Operation Smile by donating $7 for each set purchased) has super cute sentiments that would be absolutely perfect for Valentine’s cards.
Plus, you can even still get the coordinating Punny Pals dies to cut out the cute critters (which is pretty awesome–no fussy cutting!)
I love how this card turned out. It truly is due to the beauty of dies! I not only used the Otter Punny Pal die to cut out my darling otter, but I used the Basic Circle die and the *NEW* Scallop Border die.
I also added in some nice shimmer and shine by adding in some glitter and by using CTMH’s Gold Shimmer Brush. Additionally, I used both Thin 3-D Foam and regular 3-D Foam Tape to add a variety of dimension to the card.
The final element that I feel really makes this card is the use of stamping to create my own patterned paper. I used the Shells & Stars Stamp Set using Pacifica ink on Pacifica Cardstock for a nice tone-on-tone effect.
Here are the supplies I used to create this card:
- White Daisy Cardstock (1385)
- Pacifica Cardstock (X5967)
- Emerald Cardstock (X5969)
- Heather Cardstock (X5948)
- Adventure Fundamental Paper Pack (Z3351)
- White Value Cards & Envelopes (X254)
- Punny Pals Thin Cuts Dies (CC1340)
- Basic Circles Thin Cuts Dies (Z3318)
- Scallop Border Thin Cuts Dies (Z3348)
- Gold Shimmer Brush (Z3316)
- Stargazer Dots (Z4143)
- Warm Grey ShinHan Marker (Z2467)
- Pastel Peach ShinHan Marker (Z2460)
- Colorless Blender ShinHan Marker (Z2469)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Twine (retired)