As promised, here is another fun project using the Cats & Bats Scrapbooking Stamp Set + Thin Cuts dies. This Booo Box Card is not only a card but a fun treat, too!
I had a lot of fun using both CTMH’s *NEW* Silver Foil Paper and Vellum Paper. Each had a great effect when I embossed on them. I chose to do a White Embossing for the spider web on the Vellum Paper and then I trimmed it up and selectively used a Glue Dot behind where I was going to place the spider (which I trimmed up after cutting out with the die.) I added a little Cats & Bats Black Dot to create more dimension for the body of the spider–love it!
For the Booo sentiment, I stamped in Black pigment ink and then used the Clear Embossing Powder. Instead of tapping away the excess powder, I left it and totally LOVE the look it achieved on the Foil Paper. It’s sort of all bubbly and crackly looking which ties in beautifully with the design of the stamped image.
Also, check out how cute the bat looks–I used googley eyes on him. I always love the look that achieves; makes it a cute but spooky bat! 🙂
Finally, I followed the design of the outside in the inside for consistency. I also couldn’t resist stamping the “Sugar High” sentiment from this set as it totally was spot on with the box of candy corn that’s attached!
This super fun card design is one we will be creating at our Holiday Extravaganza next weekend. If you’re interested, you can sign up to get your very own kit of all 8 projects we’ll be creating. Plus, it’ll be shipped directly to you complete with pictures and step-by-step instructions. How fun, right? To get your Holiday Extravaganza Kit, click HERE.
This month Close To My Heart is doing some AMAZING things to support Operation Smile.
The last few years (actually nearly a decade!) Close To My Heart has offered an exclusive stamp set to support this wonderful organization. With the purchase of each of these stamp sets, $7 is given to help fund surgeries to correct cleft palate and cleft lip. This year’s set is called Punny Pals. Isn’t it super adorable?!?
During the month of October, Close To My Heart is offering the following:
- Punny Pals Thin Cuts dies—only for this month! These coordinate beautifully with the Punny Pals Stamp Set. Say good-bye to fussy cutting for this darling set!
- CTMH will match all rounding up on orders up to $10,000. It’s such a simple thing. Say your total comes to $36.55, round up to the next dollar amount and donate that $0.45 to Operation Smile. This is something you can do anytime you place a Close To My Heart order. Easy and a little really does help a lot!
- A special card kit just for this month called Share a Smile Card Kit. Be able to create 32 incredibly cute 3″ x 3″ cards with this fun card kit. You receive the Punny Pals Thin Cuts, 32 card bases and envelopes along with 10 sheets of cardstock (including beautiful gold glitter paper!) The Punny Pals Stamp Set is sold separately.
In addition to these wonderful special offers just for October, Close To My Heart also introduced *NEW* Operation Smile T-shirts.
These t-shirts are available all year long. Plus, $10 is donated to Operation Smile with the purchase of each of these t-shirts.
To support Operation Smile through some amazing CTMH items, please visit my ONLINE CTMH STORE.
Don’t miss out! If you aren’t signed up for our mailing list, you won’t be able to get these 12 exclusive holiday project tutorials.
To join the fun, click the yellow “Sign up for the newsletter” button on the right-hand upper corner and you’ll be all set.
It’s almost time! It’s just 24 hours until Week 1 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas begins! If you aren’t already on our Mailing List, join now by clicking the yellow box “Sign up for the newsletter.”
CTMH Cricut Artbooking Collection
Attention all Cricut lovers! It was just announced that Cricut will no longer be making physical Cricut cartridges. What does this mean for you? Well, if you’ve been eyeing one of Close To My Heart’s exclusive Cricut Collections but haven’t yet pulled the trigger and purchased it, NOW is the time to act!
CTMH Cricut Artistry Collection
As a result of this decision by Cricut, CTMH’s Cricut Collections offered as a physical cartridge, will be available while supplies last!
CTMH Cricut Flower Market Collection
If you’ve seen these exclusive Cricut Collections, you know they are worth the cost! Not only do you get 700 images (wow!), you get a full package of cardstock as well as 3 coordinating stamp sets. Pretty impressive.
CTMH Cricut You Are Here Collection
Even our *NEW* Cricut You Are Here Collection is in limited supply for the physical cartridge option.
To purchase the exclusive CTMH Cricut Collections in the physical cartridge format before they’re gone, please visit my ONLINE CTMH STORE.
Happy National Coffee Day! In honor of the day, I made up this fun card to celebrate.
I love the combination of Glacier and Peacock together. It went together pretty easy as I was able to cut out the darling coffee cup using CTMH’s Cricut Artistry Collection along with the *NEW* Block Alphabet Thin Cuts dies.
I cut each letter out twice, adhered them together with Bonding Memories Glue and then embossed them with CTMH’s *NEW* Rose Embossing Folder to give them more texture.
To purchase CTMH products, please visit my ONLINE CTMH STORE.
It’s just 1 week until my first holiday project tutorial gets emailed out. That’s right, my Annual 12 Weeks of Christmas is almost here!! But the only people who receive these amazing holiday project tutorials (cards, gifts and wrapping ideas) are those who are on my Mailing List.
If you aren’t already on my Mailing List, simply click the yellow button in the upper right-hand corner “Sign up for the newsletter!” and then you’ll be all set.
Be on the lookout for project #1 next Wednesday in your inbox!
Can you believe that Christmas is exactly 3 months from today?
If you plan on making handmade holiday cards this year, how would you like to get them done early so you can enjoy the holiday season to it’s fullest?
Here are 3 tips for getting your holiday cards done early this year…
- First set a date that you want to mail all your cards by. This gives you a target or goal to work toward. The USPS says you want to mail by December 19th to ensure delivery by December 24th (with first class domestic mail.) This is pretty late and won’t give you time to enjoy the season. How about a few weeks before that? Maybe December 6th?
- If you are local, attend my monthly Card Buffet Classes. Whether you want just a few handmade holiday cards or a lot, you can get them made at my regular Card Buffets for only $2 each! And my last one for 2017 is being held on Wednesday, December 6th (the reason to set that as your deadline in Tip #1! 🙂 )
- Get on my Mailing List. Starting on Wednesday, October 4th, I’ll be starting my Annual 12 Weeks of Christmas. The 1st 5 weeks are dedicated to holiday card project tutorials. This is a great way to get inspired plus you get the step-by-step instructions to complete them! It’s a win-win for sure! And super easy. Simply click on the yellow “Sign up for the newsletter” button and you’re all set.